With Christmas just around the corner, we thought we’d share our top tips for the ultimate roast potatoes from our Head Chef, Richard.
So, it all starts with a cracking potato – we use Maris Piper or King Edwards from Mummeries, our village green grocer.
- Peel and cut each potato at an angle and parboil until you can just get a knife into them.
- Then, give them a seriously good shake in the colander once drained so they go all fluffy!
- Pop them on a clean tea towel, spread them out and leave for a few hours (longer the better!)
- When you’re ready to cook, get your oil super hot in the roasting pan – it should sizzle when your rosties go in!
- Give them a toss so they’re coated on all sides, add plenty of salt and pop in a 200 degree oven for about half an hour
- Give them a turn and cook for a further 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, we love to finely chop some fresh garlic and rosemary and add to the now crispy roasties 10 minutes before they’re finished to give a delicious boost of flavour!